Our good friends over at croft watches are onto something very exciting. They are creating beautiful, luxury watches at very affordable prices! Croft Watches started a Kickstarter campaign to fund their project on April 20, 2016, and had fulfilled and exceeded their target by May 14, 2016. Since then they have been putting in hard work to get their watch out to the public and we have managed to get hold of one of the first models, introducing the Richmond ‘Matt Black – Brilliant White Dial’.
What we thought?
We have had the watch for a little over two weeks now and wanted to wear this stunning timepiece for a while before conducting a review and we were no disappointed. This watch comes with a 100% genuine cowhide leather strap which provides amazing comfort, after wearing this in sun, rain and even more rain, the watch provided that level of comfort that you don’t get with fake leather watch straps. With cheaply made watches, we find that after a while, the “leather” starts to deteriorate and becomes uncomfortable on the skin, with Croft timepiece, this was simply not the case. For the comfort and feel, we give this watch a 10/10, kudos to everyone at Croft Watches!
We have been hiking, and even played squash in this watch and it feels fantastic. After climbing over rocks and even accidently knocking it against the squash court wall we thought that the watch would look rough and damaged, but no, this watch really does have the look and feel of a luxury watch, with the durability of a high-end sports watch. We are very impressed.
When the watch arrived, you notice that sense of luxury when you first view the box, we were very impressed with the way the watch is presented and on an evening, we felt the need to place the watch back in its box just so we could play with it! You can see the box below and I’m sure you will agree it gives off the expensive luxury feel.
The timepiece itself looks sleek and elegant and the black and white dial really compliments the watch, as a result, the design transforms the watch into a luxury everyday piece. We could easily see this watch as a secondary watch to your Rolex, Hublot or other luxury timepieces, something that is robust and comfortable but still looks classy, without the price of a high-end brand model.
Further information about the watch:
Here’s some more information about the DNA behind the watch:
- Saphire Crystal – Sapphire crystal is the name given to the glass on the watch. It is the most common part for luxury watches, particularly due to its scratch resistance and high durability.
- Quartz Movement – The heart of their quartz watches are Japanese made Miyota movements – the same movement many expensive watchmakers use.
- Leather Strap – As discussed above, the straps will come with a 316L stainless steel buckle colour matched to your watch case.
- Stainless Steel Case – Their cases and metal bands have been made from 316L stainless steel, which is surgical grade stainless steel.
- The Dial -The dial is made up of a thin metal plate, and have been coated to provide the finish. The dial is then assembled with the colour matched steel markers, which requires precision tooling to place them accurately in their correct positions.
- Water Resistance – Their current line of watches, the Richmond, are water resistant to 5 ATM’s, in normal talk that’s water resistant to 50 metres
Check out Croft Watches?
We would highly recommend checking Croft Watches out and if you are in the market for a stunning luxury watch, at a great price, then look no further. Prices start from around £115.00 GBP which is a steal for the quality watch they’re providing. Take a look at the Croft Watches Website for more information and to view the full collection of watches available, you can also take a look at the Richmond ‘Matt Black – Brilliant White Dial‘.
Let us know what you think of this watch below in the comments or please take some time to show the guys over at Croft Watches some love! I have attached their social media links below:
Please share our article!
Please remember to like and share this post with your fellow watch lovers and see what they think. If you are looking for more luxury content, please feel free to browse the rest of our site. We aim to provide the best in luxury watches, real estate, travel and cars.